Games Like Banished
A city building strategy game, Banished follows the struggles of a remote group of outcasts as they attempt to build and maintain a new settlement. The town’s citizens are the primary resource. Players assign them to jobs such as hunting or building. Additional citizens are received through childbirth or the arrival of nomads who wish to join the town.
Growth must be balanced against sustainability. The citizens must be kept happy, well fed, and healthy to ensure the town’s success. Depression, famine, natural disasters, and fires, are all hazards to be faced.
The city building genre is one that has gone from strength to strength.
Some Facts About Banished
Raise a settlement with your group of outcasts as they farm, hunt, mine and more in Banished. Grow your town as you focus on managing your resources and keeping the population happy and healthy. Assign citizens to do various work as they age and raise children.
About the Game
- Released: 18 Feb, 2014
- Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
- Platforms: PC
- Developer: Shining Rock Software LLC
- Publisher: Shining Rock Software LLC
- Official Website:
- Metacritic Rating: 73
- OS: Win XP SP3 / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB VRAM DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 2)
- Storage: 250 MB
How Long to Beat
- Main Story 16 Hours
- Hours Main + Extra 37 Hours
- Completionist 85 Hours
- All Styles 30 Hours
- Learn more